Effective immediately, Netreo users can now monitor their Azure infrastructure-as-a-service (IAAS) Windows Azure Virtual Machines without provisioning special agent software.
Netreo was recently enhanced to offer a “white-glove” approach to instrumenting Azure Diagnostics extension on Windows VMs. After stepping thru short Setup Wizard or configuring a new Azure Virtual Machine via “Add New” button from the dashboard, Netreo will do the heavy lifting and automagically deploy a pre-configured Azure Diagnostics extension.
Special notes about this functionality
- Netreo will issue UpdateRole API call to Azure Management API in order to deploy Diagnostics Extension. This may temporarily yank non-load balanced VMs in and out of Azure’s load balancer.
- Netreo will override any existing Diagnostics Extension configuration on the VM with its own. It is setup to only capture performance counters and Windows event logs at this time.
- Netreo agent is still the recommended approach when
- monitoring of Windows Services or Processes is required
- execution of PowerShell scripts is needed for self-healing functionality