PagerDuty is a popular tool for alerting, on-call scheduling, managing escalation policies and incident tracking created to help increase uptime of apps, servers, websites and databases.
Netreo provides a direct API integration to PagerDuty. Incidents for PagerDuty services can be automatically created when Netreo raises an alert, and they can be automatically resolved when the alert condition is no longer satisfied. Users can control what notifications are sent to the specific PagerDuty service based on the resource, resource group, alert severity, etc.
- Step 1 – Configure a Netreo integration for the selected service in PagerDuty
- Step 2 – Configure a PagerDuty integration definition in Netreo
- Step 3 – Specify what notifications should be sent to PagerDuty
Step 1 – Configure a Netreo integration for the selected service in PagerDuty
To configure Netreo integration in PagerDuty follow these steps:
- Log into PagerDuty and navigate to the services list.
- Decide which service should be used for raising Netreo incidents. That can be an existing service or you can create a new one.
- Click the selected service name to open Service configuration screen. In the Integrations tab click the New Integration button (screenshot below).
- Select Netreo from the dropdown and click the Add Integration button (screenshot below).
Step 2 – Configure a PagerDuty integration definition in Netreo
Step 3 – Specify what notifications should be sent to PagerDuty
On the Notification Management screen you can define which alerts should be sent to PagerDuty based on severity. It’s also possible to instruct Netreo to not send certain notifications, e.g. when an action is requested or executed. This step is required to activate the integration.
In a similar way, you can configure integration between Netreo and other tools often used by IT organizations, like HipChat, ManageEngine, Zendesk, and more. See the full list here.