Azure blob storage is a cloud storage solution by Microsoft Azure that enables storing and using large amounts of unstructured data. Data stored in Blob Storage can be accessed globally through internet and API calls. The data can either be kept hidden or available just for an app or is made public for all.
How Azure Blob Storage is used?
It is primarily used to store and access binary large objects (Blobs) – generally known as files. It can store persistent cloud-based data that is mainly used by applications hosted on Azure Cloud Services or any other cloud platform/
Common uses of Azure Blob Storage include:
- Serving images or documents directly to a browser
- Storing files for distributed access
- Streaming video and audio
- Performing secure backup and disaster recovery
- Storing data for analysis by an on-premises or Azure-hosted service
What to monitor in Blob Storage?
The key performance metrics and process that define and ensures performance of Azure Blob Storage are;
- Availability of Blob Storage
- Success Percentage of Blob (Read / Write)
- And total requests made to the blob
- Monitoring blob storage capacity
How can Netreo help in Azure Blob Storage monitoring?
Netreo can visualize and monitor availability of entire set of blob storage containers. It can measure and track performance characteristics by querying Storage Analytics, and keep tabs on queue-specific metrics. Netreo provides a powerful set of monitoring features for Azure Blob Storage. We deliver important performance information to you in a dashboard of charts and reports.
- Track and scale based on queue-specific metrics
- Visualize availability statistics
- Get alerted when storage is down or slow