What is Visual Studio Online?
Azure Visual Studio is a cloud based implementation of Team Foundation Server that enables in developing, testing and deploying web applications and services on Azure or other third party application hosting platforms. Azure Visual Studio Online provides developers a scalable infrastructure ( virtual machines, servers, storage, database) to create applications and services.
What is Visual Studio Online used for?
Azure Studio Online is used to:
- Host a centralized source code control system for applications using Team Foundation Version Control (TFVC) and Git
- Create applications and services using any Visual Studio Online supported programming language (Java, PHP, Python, C# and more) or tool ( Visual Studio, Eclipse or any other IDE)
- Create applications that can be instantly scaled to hundreds of virtual machines or servers
- Automatically deploy and test applications
- Provides a central interface to test and debug application code
- Provides a collaboration platform for developers to jointly develop, test, debug and discuss on applications