AUSTIN—October 21, 2015 – Boardroom Events today announced the winners of its Award of Excellence in the Office of the Midmarket CIO and Vendor Excellence Awards showcasing some of the very best in IT collaboration between CIOs and the solution providers that serve the mid market.
Presented at the fall 2015 Midmarket CIO Forum, the awards recognize powerful partnerships between technology vendors and enterprise IT teams that deliver measurable value to the IT organizations.
Cory Mason, Director Global I.T. & Chief Information Officer at Twin Disc, was honored with the Award of Excellence in the Office of the Midmarket CIO for his partnership with Netreo, while Kubisys, Information Builders, Mimecast, Scale Computing, Extrahop Networks, were selected as the leaders in five categories for IT Vendor Excellence.
Launched in 2009, the Award of Excellence for midmarket CIOs showcases exceptional technology implementations and the financial benefits they deliver to midsize organizations. The judging panel of CIOs selected Mason from a competitive field of finalists because of his organization’s successful partnership with Netreo.
For Mason and his team, their strategic plan required the ability to monitor the company’s 18 global locations with a worldwide headcount of only 13 dedicated IT staff. IT leader Cory Mason learned about Netreo’s OmniCenter solution at Midmarket CIO Forum, and after several demo sessions and years with larger providers like HP, Cisco, and Microsoft, selected Netreo as the only tool that met all the company’s criteria.
The Vendor Excellence Awards represent technology implementations that are helping to solve both technology and business challenges. The winners captured honors in the following categories:
- Best Midmarket Solution, Software—Information Builders, with runners-up including Aerohive, Box, Netreo
- Best Midmarket Solution, Service—Mimecast, with runners-up including FireEye, Inc., OSSCube, Teligistics
- Best Midmarket Solution, Hardware—Kubisys, with runner-up Milton Security
- Best Emerging Midmarket Solution—ExtraHop Networks, with runners-up including 8×8, Inc., Cradlepoint, SkyGiraffe
- Best Midmarket Strategy—Scale Computing, with runners-up including AMP, Insight“These forward-thinking technology vendors recognized as having the most exceptional solutions speaks to our mission to deliver the most relevant solutions, research and insights to help CIOs on their professional journeys,” said Charles Badoian, President of Boardroom Events. “Congratulations to the winners, nominees and everyone who helped build the strong relationships onsite that make the Midmarket CIO Forum a continued success.”The Midmarket CIO Forum takes place twice annually, with the next event scheduled for April 3 – 5, 2016 at the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress in Orlando, FL.About BE Midmarket CIO ForumBE Midmarket CIO Forum is an engaging, informative, and social venue for IT Executives and Solution Providers who are focused on technologies for the midmarket. The Forum is invitation-only, providing tremendous insight about the interests of everyone who attends—and ensuring new connections will be relevant and productive. About Boardroom Events Boardroom Events produces best-in-class business development and networking experiences for leaders in the technology industry. Our team pioneered the concept of hosted boardroom meetings that create productive, engaging, and valuable experiences, and the forums we produce today are an extension of that original model, refined over years of experience. These forums attract thought leaders from all aspects of the market: IT executives, solution providers, and industry analysts. For more information, visit us on the Web, or follow us on LinkedIn, Vimeo, and Flickr. Contact: Amy Abbott (786) 361-0454 x120 [email protected]